I talk to a lot of people who have taken on the role of in-house performance evangelist at their organization, and I know it can be a hard, lonely job. Often it’s a self-appointed role because you’re genuinely passionate about web performance. And often you’re fighting a one-person battle in a workplace that’s already struggling to cover a lot of other technical bases with limited resources.
Over the past few months, we’ve been slowly rolling out Expert Talks, a series of easy-to-digest, solution-agnostic videos that provide brief explainers of key performance concepts. One of our goals in creating this series is to make it easier for you to evangelize within your organization by offering videos that you can use to explain whatever performance issue you’re trying to define or solve.
I’ll kick things off with this excellent video that features our VP Acceleration, Kent Alstad, who’s probably forgotten more about web performance than most people will ever know. Kent offers some great tips for site owners/managers who are just getting started on their performance journey.
Want to see more? Here’s a current list of performance-related Expert Talks:
- What Are the Key Limiting Factors for Web Performance?
- What Are the Key Limiting Factors for Mobile Performance?
- How Can Site Owners Meet Mobile Performance Challenges?
- Page Speed and Shopping Cart Abandonment
- How Do You Measure the Client Side of Performance?
- How Do We Test Site Performance?
- How Can You Protect Your Site from Third-Party Failure?
- What Is Latency and How Does It Affect Web Performance?
- How Does a CDN Complement Front-End Optimization?
- The Psychology of Web Performance
We’ll be adding more, so keep checking back. And if you have suggestions or questions that we can address in a future Expert Talk, please let me know!
If you want to explore more tech topics, we also have great Expert Talks about security, SDN, application delivery, and more.